Children ages K - 8
Ten week long summer program that teaches children to express themselves through drawing, painting, and mixed media. Each day includes fun activities with creative studio projects and learning from educators and artists! Snack break included!
Program Length: 10 weeks (Weekly) Program Dates: July 5, 2018 to August 24, 2018 Tuition: $P (Prices may vary depending on student enrolled in 3hour/6hour) Full-Day (10:00am - 4:00pm): Prices may vary Half-Day ( 10:00am - 1:00pm / 1:00pm - 4:00pm): Prices may vary
Age Range: Students currently enrolled in grades K-8
GENERAL ART PROGRAM
Students taking the General Art Program have the option to learn a broad spectrum of artistic skills! Classes vary from painting with acrylic to creating ceramic sculptures with clay! A great opportunity for your children to express their creative side using different mediums of art!
- Week 1 Monday - Friday, June 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Drawing and Dynamic Sketching
- Week 2 Monday - Friday, June 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 Painting
- Week 3 Monday - Friday, June 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 Ceramic and Clay
- Week 4 Monday - Friday, June 25,26,27,28,29 Drawing and Dynamic Sketching (includes Museum Field Trip)
- Week 5 Monday - Friday, July 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Painting
- Week 6 Monday - Friday, July 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 Ceramic and Clay
- Week 7 Monday - Friday, July 16,17,18,19,20 Digital Painting
- Week 8 Monday - Friday, July 23,24,25,26,27 Painting
- Week 9 Monday - Friday, July 30,31, August 1, 2, 3 Ceramic and Clay
- Week 10 Monday - Friday, August 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Digital Painting
INDIVIDUAL ART PROGRAM
Students wanting to go more in depth with a particular art skill can take this program to really focus on their craft. Great for students who want to improve in a craft they enjoy most learning.
- Painting with Traditional Mediums Monday - Friday Take a colorful approach to acrylic and oil painting. Students will explore the medium while focusing on color and how to express an emotional response for the audience. Through theory, contrast exercises, and observation, students will learn how to mix and math colors and utilize color schemes to express themselves in individual or collaborative projects.
- Drawing with Life Monday - Friday Students will spend time drawing the basic forms from a still life and cast a set up using direct lighting to help you render a form accurately. This is a great class on fundamental drawing skills and to sharpen your observational skills so that you can create, beautiful drawings in charcoal and graphite.
- Ceramic and Clay Children will learn the basic methods of sculpting - coiling, pinching, building with slabs, and using the wheel as well. The students will walk out of the class with their own bowls, mugs, containers , and sculptural art pieces.
- Introduction to Digital Painting Monday - Friday Student will take this introductory course to help transition students to the digital medium. Students will familiarize themselves with Photoshop and the tools most commonly used in everyday design workflow. Strongly reccomend for students who want to improve their painting and expand their digital tool set.
- Fashion Design Monday - Friday Students will learn the creation process of clothing manufacturing including ready-to-wear, womenswear, menswear, and costume design. Students will learn various techniques from sewing to sketching for the runway.
- Art and Crafts Monday - Friday Student will learn the basic methods of creating forms and shape. using all different kinds of materials such as foam core, paper, and wood.